Monday, October 17, 2011

Tours and Photos

I’m enrolled in a class called “Introduction to Florence” as an elective. Which is funny, since all my classes seem like electives, but anyways, Mondays and Tuesdays are dedicated to lecturing about the history of Florence. Then Wednesday mornings, we go to specific museums, or places and our teacher shows us in person what we’ve been discussing prior to Wednesday. It’s been a really great experience, and really helping me to get to know Florence better.

Here’s some pictures of our walking tour as well as Santa Maria Novella, which before the Duomo and Santa Croce, was the largest church in Florence. It was started in 1246 by the Dominicans, while Santa Croce (not pictured, I forgot my camera that day :(, I’ll try to steal some of Monzie's) was started by Franciscans. Santa Maria Novella, also the name of the train station, is truly beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment